Top 10 Reasons Why Men Need a Massage
Monday, 12th August 2019
So, you’re thinking of booking a massage? You know you want one and have been meaning to book one for a while, but have never got round to doing it…
When you think of the spa you probably picture girly days or hen dos, but we’re guessing that’s not quite your cup of tea? Typically, we see more women come through our doors than men, but the truth is everyone can benefit from massages. Here’s how a massage can help you:
- 1.Workout recovery – If you’re a gym-goer, massage is a must! It eases muscle soreness and aids the post-workout healing process by boosting your body’s circulatory and immune system.
- 2.Cure desk stiffness – If you work in an office you’ll probably find back or neck aches are common while sitting at a desk. Massages ease soreness and help you feel more ‘you’ again.
- 3.Better sleep – If you struggle dropping off, a massage will help you unwind and sleep better. Massages release feel-good hormones which help you relax, resulting in a better night’s kip.
- 4.Improved flexibility – Men are typically less flexible than women, meaning you’re more prone to pain or injuries. Massage helps your muscles stretch and relax, improving your flexibility.
- 5.Manage back pain – Sorry fellas, but you’re more prone to back pain too! Back pain is uncomfortable; however a massage can relieve tension and ease any discomfort.
- 6.Boosts your mood – While a massage is no substitute for more substantial therapies, it’s a great mood booster. Massages release serotonin, which brightens your mood and lifts the blues.
- 7.Detoxifying – Massages help to detoxify the body as it stimulates the lymph system. This carries toxic waste away from the muscles, organs and tissues, as well as aids digestion.
- 8.Eases troublesome areas – Your therapist can ease any problem areas, such as stiff shoulders. Just let them know if you’d like more pressure or a certain area working on.
- 9.Cardiovascular health – Massage also helps your cardiovascular health. It boosts circulation and lowers cortisol levels (stress hormones), which reduces stress on the heart.
- 10.Improves your skin – Last but not least, massage also removes dead skin cells and stimulates the blood flow, improving the appearance of your skin.
So, what are you waiting for? There are lots of perks of men’s massages, plus with a warm, welcoming environment at Inside Spa, you needn’t worry about feeling like you’re tagging along to a girly spa day – we’re here to help you relax and unwind.